I’ve encountered a few common mistakes in Chicago wallpaper installation that we’d like to share with you.
- Firstly, resist the urge to make hasty decisions. Choosing wallpaper in Chicago is a long-term commitment, so take your time and avoid jumping onto fleeting trends. Tape a swatch to your wall and live with it for a few days to be sure about the pattern and color.
- Remember, not every wallpaper suits every room. Architecture matters! Select a pattern that complements the space’s layout, especially if you have niches or angled ceilings. Consider the room’s purpose and choose the right material accordingly, such as vinyl for bathrooms.
- Scale is crucial. Measure your walls accurately and pay attention to paneling, molding, or trim that might interfere with the wallpaper. Oversized patterns can lead to awkward cut-offs, so be mindful of your room’s dimensions.
- Don’t skimp on wallpaper quantity. Ordering just enough might leave you with gaps on the wall. This is particularly problematic if you have a hand-painted or printed pattern, as color lots may differ between shipments.
- Think about focal points before installing the wallpaper. Proper placement ensures you highlight the desired elements and avoid cutting off crucial parts of the pattern.
- If your room isn’t ready, hold off on wallpaper installation. Installing it prematurely can result in scuffs and damage. Patience is key; save the installation for the final stages of your project.
- While do-it-yourself projects are commendable, wallpaper installation requires expertise. Hiring a professional wallpaper installer in Chicago ensures a flawless result, considering factors like wall preparation, measurement calculations, and precise installation.
- Lastly, be mindful of crooked seams. Using the wrong adhesive or improperly leveling the first panel can lead to mismatched seams. Attention to detail during installation is crucial for a seamless finish.