Another equally important factor to keep in mind when choosing colors is volume and function room.
It is therefore necessary to determine the size of the room ( rooms), its shape and characteristics. We treat the issue of color in the living room, bedroom, bathroom or child’s room differently. We also need to define what we want to paint. Some features of colors can be used to correct the appearance and shape of the room making the room seem lower, and a long and narrow corridor or room – shorter.
Bright colors and their milky shades will make the room larger. Intense colors and their shades will give the opposite effect . Dark shades make a little depressing room, and a large room so it may seem cozier.
In general, cool colors visually enlarge the room.
Properly choosing the color of the walls, ceilings and floors can change the proportions of the rooms. These activities can be based on certain principles:
- High ceilings seem lower , the ceiling and 10 cm upper part of the walls will be painted a darker paint.
- Low room seem higher when they paint the ceiling paint lighter than those used on the walls , the color of cool multiply this effect , like the paint color of the ceiling 10 cm wall. To emphasize this effect, the floor should be darker than the ceiling.
- Short bevels on the top floor is painted the same color as the ceiling to stop them visually dominate the rest of the room.
- In large rooms painted intense and warm colors creates a cozy , intimate atmosphere .
- The small room seem much larger , if we apply them cool and bright , pastel shades .
- Descending slants low ceilings should be painted the same color as the wall so as not to visually narrow space.
- Bright colors : whites , blues and delicate luminous gray optical illusion room.
- Dark , intense colors reduce the room.
- The dark ceiling and the floor , while keeping clear of walls expand a room.
- The proportions of long and narrow room can change to a more ” square ” , painting the walls a warmer color shorter and more intense , while the color of the walls longer cool or resolve lighter.
- Introducing the walls of vertical stripes lengthen , raising the room , while horizontal stripes shorten and reduce the room at the same time expanding them .
- In the design must also take into account the function rooms. The principle is to use stronger colors in the rooms used less frequently. Interiors used in the evenings and at night they need the color deeper , stronger , refused to yield to the yellow light of electric bulbs. Among other things the use of rules: a room with small windows can be lightened using pale colors , reflecting light .
- Often, in order to emphasize certain characteristic fragments interiors to their prominence emphasizes them a darker color from the color of the other walls or a contrasting color. Well for some references and correspondences – bright furniture on a darker wall and dark color such as home set on a clear wall.
When designing color spaces should be harmoniously combined with shades of paint colors floors , wood furniture , colors, detail design and textiles . Introduced colors can merge with existing or differ only literally tons – is obtained when the effect of the interior quiet and monochrome . You can also combine the colors on the principle of contrast and then the interior is more lively colors.
Compilation of color can achieve various effects. Features perception affect another important feature of colors: some of them seem to move forward, others withdraw.
The phenomenon of color attackers and outgoing corresponds to the breakdown of colors for cold and warm. The colors based on yellows , oranges and reds of the solar spectrum appear to be close and warm. The more saturated, the more tend to occur to the front. The small touches are moving away from the background, and their density creates a “flashy” color combinations. Violet blue, all varieties of blue, the colors retreating before the eye of the beholder, so give more space. Blues and purples are widely considered to be “cold” – but an assessment of the “heat” or “cold” should be expressed very carefully. Different proportions of the elements changing nature of color to the extent that there are roses and Carmines , whose fluctuations we consider cold colors. Similarly, greenish blue, in a little, granted the scales toward the green, may seem vivid and warm, negating the attribute ” cold ” generally useful blues .
Most color combinations is usually in one of the broad categories , separate the principle of selection of colors. The first three of these categories collate color related , like having something in common . Other exploits the differences and contrasts , bid objects stand out rather than blend and mix