Windy City Painters of Chicago install most of wallpapers available on the market, including:
- grass cloth – delicate, textured wallcovering. Not scrubbale,
- fabric backed wallpaper – strong, durable, scrubbable wallcovering,
- unpasted wallpaper,
- solid vinyl prepasted – peelable wallcovering. leaves a paper backing
- untrimmed wallpaper,
- commercial style wallpaper,
- photo murals – one wall covering,
- liner paper – wallcovering for problem walls. Installed horizontally.
- paintable, textured wallcovering – can hide wall imperfections.
Standard installation procedure includes:
- preparation: drywall / plaster repairs: stress cracks, water damages, nail pops, nail holes, uneven surface, skim coating,
- walls priming: Roman wallpaper primer – RX35
- installation: only skilled / experienced installer can do the job. Wallpaper is much more expensive than paint. Every mistake cost more than paint splash, scratch etc.
- Average room wallpaper installation takes two days including all preparation.
- Fabric and grass cloth installation is usually costs 50% more than regular wallpaper .
- Commercial style wallpaper installation usually cost 20% less than regular wallpaper. This wallpaper is also more durable than other covering.
KC Architects, Inc. | Katarzyna Cimoch
2210 W Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL 60622