- Remove all furniture (if possible),
- Cover floors with painters drop cloths and furniture with plastic,
- Remove damaged drywall, plaster,
- Support the rest of drywall or plaster with board adhesive, screws, studs,
- Seal damaged areas with oil-based primer,
- Install insulation (if required),
- Install drywall support: for small damages – stiff mesh, for bigger damages – wooden studs.
- Install drywall,
- In some cases we install metal mesh and apply plaster compound,
- Tape, patch, sand and prime with PVA primer,
- Paint the ceiling with flat or semi-gloss (Bathroom) paint.
- Clean the job site.
- Get paid
Usually the whole process takes one day.
Pur recent projects
Remove cabinet doors,
Scuff sand all surfaces and clean with paint thinner,
Outside of cabinet boxes, cabinet doors: – one coat of adhesion primer, three coats of Sherwin Williams Emerald urethane satin or semi-gloss enamel.
Cabinets paint application: fine roller.
Install cabinet doors and hardware.
The scope of work included: repair drywall damages, sand the walls to remove old paint lont, prime the walls with Roman RX clear primer to create tacky surface. It also helps wallpaper adjustment and future removal without a lot of damages, install the wallpaper provided by customer. The job took 6 hours. At Windy […]
At Windy City Painters , we are committed to helping clients in Chicago make their interior painting dreams a reality. Whether you are in need of residential or commercial services like kitchen cabinets refinishing , the painters we work with will do all they can to ensure that you are satisfied with your new paint […]
Look behind every good paint job in Chicago and you’ll find excellent drywall preparation. While many people think that painting is all about just rolling and brushing a new coat on, the experts at Windy Painters Chicago understand that drywall and plaster work it’s a must for all quality painting execution.
Try painting on damaged drywall and you’ll quickly see why our Chicago plaster services are in demand. Even the highest quality paints will crack and peel, thus costing you more money in materials without delivering the kind of look you want. A Windy Painters Chicago drywall specialist will fill holes, cover stress fractures, and make sure your ceiling is in the right state to receive new paint.
When needed, we can also perform larger drywall repair services in Chicago. New installations and repairing water damage a-re a common request. Whatever the specific case for your home or business, our drywall and plaster technicians will be able to get the job done.
For impeccable plaster and drywall work in Chicago that will make your new painting look its best, call Windy Painters Chicago, 773-818-6331