- Protect plants, shrubs and furniture with painters plastic.
- Clean all metal from the dust and debris,
- Remove rust with needle gun and angle grinder,
- Seal all cleaned areas, bare metal with Rusts Destroyer primer,
- Apply one coat of Sherwin Williams Urethane Enamel
- Chicago painters cleaned job site after completion
Three days project / two painters.
The scope of work included: walls repair – stress cracks, nail holes , anchor removal and patching, small water damage repair.
Ceilings: paint two coats of Sherwin Williams white flat CHB paint.
Walls: Benjamin Moore Regal select matte paint. Bathrooms – semi-gloss paint.
Proposed quote included all labor, paint and supplies like painters blue tape, patching compound, mesh tapes for stress crack repairs, painters plastic to cover kitchen cabinets., cleaning supplies.
All floor were washed by Chicago painters after the job was done.
The scope of work included new baseboards and door trims painting. Used paint: Benjamin Moore Regal Select white semi-gloss.
The walls were painted with Sherwin Williams ProMar 200 eggshell paint. The cost of service also covers walls preparation and repairs: stress cracks, nail holes, anchors removal, furniture and floors protection.
Accent wall: before we install the wallpaper the wall needs to be primed. This step makes future wallpaper removal much easier. Wall priming also promote the wallpaper adhesion and make the strips adjustment smoother.
Accent wall / headboard wall wallcovering usually takes one day.
- Paint brushing:
Today used mainly for small surfaces (eg. Corners hardly accessible corners), priming and painting with dense high viscosity paint when the brush reaches out to create various types of wall decoration .
Brush is the oldest technique renewal rooms. The advantages of this method of painting are:
- simple and inexpensive equipment
- ease of painting
- less complicated painting hard to reach areas
- good use of paint and a small loss while painting
- good coverage of the substrate (the possibility of a good rubbing the coating material in the pores and uneven surfaces).
The disadvantages of this technique are:
- time-consuming paint (approx. 10 m2 / h)
- difficulties in applying fast-drying product
- leaving stokes (traces of the brush).
Painting begins with the preparation of the brush. In order to remove him from dust and loose hair tool wash in soapy water, then rinse thoroughly and dry it. Thus prepared, the brush is ready to paint.
This technique due to its nature requires that the paint used to paint with a brush characterized by a longer drying time. Apply with a brush so easily, eg. Oil paints. They are suitable for the tool with a short, hard bristles. Paint drying quickly, such as for example. Enamels (acrylic, vinyl) require the application of a special technique and experience. The better to apply a flat brush with soft bristles.
The undoubted disadvantage of brushing is the formation of so-called. strokes, which traces go brush. This can be overcome by using leveling the surface of a flat brush or changing some techniques of painting. Lightly tapping on Tracing the end of the brush with long soft bristles. However, this is time consuming and requires precision.
- Roller application:
The method most popular because of its high performance and simplicity of execution. This technique paint ceilings, walls, impregnate wood furniture pickles.
Advantages paint roller:
- cheap, simple and readily available hardware
- fast and easy application
- uniform coverage equal smooth walls
Disadvantages of this technique are the following:
- difficulties in painting worse places available
- inaccurate coverage of rough surfaces and structures
- difficult to control thickness.
On large surfaces Chicago painter distribute the paint with a large (18-25 cm) rolle , performing vertical movements. Painting always end up in the same direction. When painting a surface (a wall), we should not do breaks, but combine consecutive fragments of the “wet on wet”. The paint on the roller kidding abundantly with paint tray and distribute as evenly as possible on the ground and slightly leading shaft. When the paint is dry, you should not make local improvements, but to paint the entire wall. This applies particularly to paint an intense color.
- Method of spraying (HVLP or airless)
This method requires complicated and expensive equipment and the skills of its service and specialty paints. Spraying techniques are extremely powerful but challenging experience. Due to their nature, they are used rather the need for painting a very large surfaces.
When planning a renovation in your home, especially if we plan to do it the first time, it is best to use a mixed technique – brush (in hard to reach places) and roller (large wall surfaces).
Scope of work:
- Repair drywall damages,
- Paint the trims with Sherwin Williams white semi-gloss Emerald paint. Two coats,
- Prime the wall with wallpaper primer to promote adhesion and ease wallpaper adjustment,
- Install / hang wallpaper.
Scope or work:
- Protect all floors with red rosin contractor paper,
- Living built in: apply one coat of oil-base primer, caulk gaps, fill nail holes with spackle paste and paint two coats of Benjamin Moore Ben semi-gloss paint,
- Paint the ceilings: two coats of Sherwin Williams white flat CHB paint.
- Paint the walls: two coats of Benjamin Moore regal Select pear paint.
- Trims and doors, sand the doors with orbital sander, caulk gaps and holes, repair water damages on the window ledges and paint two coats of Benjamin Moore Ben semi-gloss paint.
- Repair drywall damages like nail holes, stress cracks etc,
- Paint bedrooms and bathroom walls with Sherwin Williams ZeroVOC eggshell paint. Two coats.
- Change Living Room accent wall color – two coats of Sherwin Williams ZeroVOC eggshell paint.
- Time of realization: one day.
The scope of work included:
- repair old plaster damages: stress cracks, nail holes, crumbling plaster.
- seal smoke odor with oil-based primer.
- Paint the ceilings with Sherwin Williams white flat CHB paint.
- Paint the walls with Sherwin Williams ProMar 200 flat paint.
- Clean the living room, hallway, and closet.
- Time of realization 2 days Chicago painter.
The job was performed on the first week of November.
The full scope of work included:
- install R-19 insulation,
- install / repair drywall – 5/8 thickness,
- tape, mud, sand and primer the drywall,
- trims, doors and windows: paint two coats of Sherwin Williams ProClassic white semi-gloss paint,
- paint the ceiling: two coats of Sherwin Williams white flat CHB paint,
- paint the walls: two coats of Sherwin Williams Emerald matte paint.